Bruce Lee is one of the most iconic martial artists who rules the hearts of the audience. He was a famous actor, film director, philosopher, along with being a martial artist. He is also the founder of Jeet Kune Do. Sadly, he passed away in 1973, but not before imparting valuable wisdom.
This pop culture icon of the 20th century has left behind nuggets of gold that will help give you strength, make you do something for yourself, and also help you drive your personal growth.
Amidst coronavirus scaring everyone, the pandemic needs to be tackled with us being healthy. Working on our own body has to one of the most beneficial things we can do for ourselves. Here are some of Bruce Lee?s quotes that will provide you the motivation to work on yourself and your health.
- The great mistake is to anticipate the outcome of the engagement; you ought not to be thinking of whether it ends in victory or defeat. Let nature take its course, and your tools will strike at the right moment.[This really happens with me, before doing the work I try to anticipate its success & it really ruins the course by overthinking resulting in negativity]
- If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.
- When you’re talking about fighting, as it is, with no rules, well then, baby you’d better train every part of your body!
- Don’t get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water?
- If you love life, don’t waste time, for time is what life is made up of?
- To spend time is to pass it in a specified manner. To waste time is to expend it thoughtlessly or carelessly. We all have time to either spend or waste and it is our decision what to do with it. But once passed, it is gone forever?
- Ever since I was a child I have had this instinctive urge for expansion and growth. To me, the function and duty of a quality human being is the sincere and honest development of one’s potential?
- Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
Honestly, I feel Bruce Lee himself can conclude this blog better with his quote, so, here it goes –
Don’t neglect life by worrying about Death. I don’t know what is the meaning of death, but I am not afraid to die and I go on, non-stop, going forward [with life]. Even though, I, Bruce Lee, may die someday without fulfilling all of my ambitions, I will have no regrets. I did what I wanted to do and what I’ve done, I’ve done with sincerity and to the best of my ability. You can’t expect much more from life.