There is no such thing as ?the best healthy diet to lose weight??. For being fit, it is important to follow a balanced diet along with exercise. One thing that people often forget to take into account is that diet depends on your body type. Different body types respond to food intake in different ways; there?s no ?one size fits all? in dieting.?
Generally, the three body types that are observed are ?
- Ectomorph – this is characterized by thin bone structure and lighter limbs. This body type is associated with speedy metabolic rate and high carbohydrate tolerance. People with ectomorph body type need to follow a diet full of carbs and proteins.?
- Mesomorph – this is characterized by medium-sized bone structure and an athletic body. People with this body type generally tend to be dominant in growth hormone and testosterone. A mixed diet, consisting high amount of carbohydrates, fats, and proteins, is recommended for people with mesomorph body type.
- Endomorph – this is characterized by large bones with a high amount of fat and body mass. People with this body type are less active, and they store excess calories in their body in the form of fats. Endomorph types should control carbohydrate intake and go for a protein-based diet.
What Makes For a Healthy Diet?
Here are some of the important components of a well-balanced healthy diet plan. These are the basic requirements of your body and should be taken into account when planning your diet.
- Carbohydrate: It is an excellent source of energy which should constitute 60 percent of the diet. Food like potatoes, wheat, etc. are carb-rich, for example.?
- Vitamins: Vitamin A, B, C, D are important minerals and are present in fruits and vegetables.?
- Minerals: Sodium, potassium, and iron are minerals that help release energy in the body and enhance organ growth.
- Fibre: This is essential to keep cholesterol levels in check. A balanced diet is supposed to contain 30 grams of fibres. Food items like oatmeal, vegetables, etc. are fibre rich.
- Proteins: They repair cells and promote the formation of new ones. Proteins play an important role in the growth and development of the body at several stages. Food items like kidney beans, milk-based products, chickpeas contain a high amount of protein and are recommended to vegetarians. Non-vegetarians can consume lean meat, fish, and lots of eggs to meet the protein requirement.
- Water: Water keeps your body under control, it is a no-brainer that we should be drinking more water than we actually do. Its key function includes transporting oxygen throughout the body so make sure you drink more than eight glasses of water every day.
Combined with exercising, a healthy diet plan gives you a healthy lifestyle and promotes overall health. Adopting a balanced diet plays a key role in weight loss and general well-being. If you aren?t sure about it, going to a dietician or nutritionist is the best way to start out.
Following health blogs and youtube channels can give you insight about different healthy recipes that you can include in your diet. But, once you get it all sorted out by a professional it becomes a bit more in-tune with your body?s needs. You also feel more confident about the steps you are taking to live a healthy lifestyle. In essence, it promotes general well-being.