Ok, I admit it. I’ve been teasing you with bits and pieces of information about my Summer 2015 capsule wardrobe. Although most years I probably won’t start my summer capsule quite this early, I decided to this year because I just couldn’t wait until June to get my first ever capsule wardrobe started!
After going through and completely cleaning out my closet to get down to my 38 items for this first capsule, I was astonished at the lack of clothing hanging in my closet.
I’ll be sure to tell you more about the process of getting my first capsule underway in a later post. Cleaning out my closet was no easy feat!
But today, I wanted to give you a glimpse at more of my style and the items that are appearing in my capsule wardrobe.
As I mentioned, this is NOT my entire capsule wardrobe. But it is a good sampling of my items. Most of these are similar to what I have in my capsule, but not the exact same as much of what’s in my capsule is too old to still be for sale online.
Here is a complete list at what’s in my Summer 2015 Capsule Wardrobe:
- 1 pair of jeans
- 1 pair of denim capris
- 1 pair of white capris
- 1 pair of black capris
- 1 pair of light gray capris
- 1 pair of kahki capris
- 1 chevron maxi skirt
- 1 aztec midi skirt
- 1 kahki skirt
- 1 muted purple pencil skirt
- 1 black midi skirt
- 1 white denim jacket
- 1 coral linen jacket
- 1 black animal print embossed blazer
- 1 denim jacket
- 1 light, muted purple animal print textured jacket
- 1 navy burnout tee
- 1 teal burnout tee
- 1 printed purple burnout tee
- 1 cream printed burnout tee
- 1 blue crochet back tee
- 1 sleeveless mint button up blouse
- 1 wildly printed chiffon blouse
- 1 yellow 3/4 sleeve blouse
- 1 teal 3/4 sleeve blouse
- 1 purple and teal paisley print 3/4 sleeve blouse
- 1 navy and red floral 3/4 sleeve blouse
- 1 animal print and floral blouse
- 1 purple and black polka dot short-sleeve blouse
- 1 purple and teal paisley short-sleeve blouse
- 1 black crochet tank
- 1 cream crochet v-neck tank
- 1 teal tank
- 1 teal paisley tank
- 1 animal print and floral tank
- pink crochet back short-sleeve shrug
- teal crochet back short-sleeve shrug
- 1 screen print tee (weekend wear only)
I did go over my 37 self-imposed limit for this capsule. I forgot about one of my shirts as it was in the wash when I was choosing my capsule items and then when it came out of the wash I couldn’t bear to pack it away for the season, so I decided 38 items would be ok this time. After all, I am doing this capsule for 4 months instead of 3 months. That helps make it ok, right?!
Anyhow, this capsule wardrobe experiment isn’t about being unhappy or neglecting my desire to wear my favorite clothes to stick to exactly 37 items. Instead it’s about learning to narrow it down to what I do actually love and want to wear.
To help myself for future capsules, I’ve been keeping a log of how many times I wear each item. I hope that by the end of this capsule I’ll be able to see what I’ve learned and which items are versatile and maybe which ones are not so versatile too. This should help me make better shopping decisions in the future.
What do you think of my Summer 2015 capsule wardrobe? I definitely couldn’t have an all-neutral capsule like some people have. I love color and pattern way too much for that.