I found this great list of how to reveal your natural feminine charm and grace. It sounds a little old-fashioned, but it’s solid advice. “Living with style” comes from the inside-out.
Thanks to Sara without an “H” for posting this advice to her site!
The Secrets To Enthusiastic Living
- Show an interest in others and what they are doing. Make them feel very important and needed. An “I couldn’t care less” attitude repels people.
- Listen to others, you can learn from them, everyone possesses knowledge that can be priceless to you.
- Look alive and act enthusiastic even if you are tied. This will really make you feel “charming”.
- A charming woman is poised. That is, she has control of her emotions, she gets rid of ill feelings by becoming occupied in some activity. If you feel like “exploding” take a big diaphragmatic breath and count to ten. Take things in stride.
- Be compassionate of others. You can afford to because you stop worrying about yourself, knowing who you are, thus, you can help other people.
- Be a sparkling conversationalist, share your experiences and knowledge with others.
- Extend your knowledge by reading, become acquainted with your city, art, music, etiquette, theater, and self-improvement books, keep your ears open at all times.
- Speak clearly and distinctly, pleasantly, slowly and in a low-pitched voice.
- Set goals for yourself. Know what you want to do and do it. Make definite plans for your life. If they change — do not worry.
- Don’t hold back — by being inhibited, give of your self, let the world know of your talents.
- Hear your own voice. You are your best judge. Don’t let relations and friends live your life for you.
- Don’t be afraid to say “I’m sorry, I was wrong,” and “thank you”. Also, compliment people when they deserve it.
- Smile. It is worth more than any gift.
- Add variety to your life. Don’t get in a rut of the same activities day in and day out. Break your routine.