We are living in the modern day world where late nights and 24×7 work with the laptop is common. That definitely takes a toll on our health. Evolution doesn?t seem to favour us with this change. Stress and strain brings us to dark circles and bags under our eyes. But we have to keep our act straight. Not only is it about the looks but also our health. The old saying does go ?Health is Wealth?
- The common cucumber treatment is a natural winner. Cucumbers consist of antioxidants that bring down the puffiness under and around the eyes. It is also a coolant and an astringent which results in contraction of skin tissues of the eyes. Chilled cucumber slices are used where they are placed on the eyelids for around 5 minutes.
- Cold milk does wonders to the internal of your body and to the external. A cotton ball or plug can be soaked in cold milk for a while and then apply the ball on the eyelid completely. After a while, the area should be washed with normal water. Milk has vitamins A, B6 ad B12, selenium which make new skin cells and protects skin from damage due to sun & free radicals. This method soothes the eyes and the skin around it and also reduces the dark circles.
- Another dairy product, the buttermilk has a knack of reducing dark circles. Buttermilk is mixed with turmeric powder to make it into a paste which is put on the eyelids and dark circles and left for around 15 minutes. After this, the face should be washed with lukewarm water. Turmeric enhances the buttermilk as the former has several health benefits and medicinal effects.
- Aloe Vera gel is known to have nourishing properties, anti-inflammatory properties and moisturizing capability along with medicinal properties. It soothes the eye and the skin under it, hydrating it and also reducing the bags and dark circles underneath the eyes. Application of the gel on the eyelids and under the eyes with a gentle massage will do the trick. After 10 to 12 minutes, the areas of application must be cleaned with a moist cotton ball or pad.
- A similar method of application can be employed when almond oil is used. Almond oil is soft and can soothe and soften the skin. Almond oil consists of vitamin E. Almond oil is thus used as an emollient. Make sure that you use sweet almond oil and not the bitter one as the latter is used in aromatherapy and is unfit for oral or dermal usage. Another oil that contains vitamin E is Argan oil which is also used for this purpose. It is easily absorbed, contains antioxidants which will also reduce dark circles. It can bring down the wrinkles.
When you are applying any of the paste or cream or oil, make sure you apply it using the ring finger as it is tiny and reduces risk of contamination.
Beauty matters, but even so health. Get yourself healthier and fresher skin!